It’s cold. It’s a vortex of cold, even. And it’s not even February yet. Places that have never, ever seen snow are getting hit hard with freezing rain and ice.
Nothing warms your better on a cold winter evening than a warm fire and a well-made cocktail.
Here, I outline four great winter cocktails all made with bourbon. Because, what else would you make them with?
- Beat separately yolks and whites of 6 eggs.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to yolks while beating.
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar to whites after they have been beaten very stiff.
- Mix egg whites with yolks.
- Stir in 1 pint of cream and 1 pint of milk.
- Add a pint of bourbon and 1 oz. Jamaica Rum. Stir thoroughly.
- 2 oz bourbon
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Hot Water
- Fresh Grated Nutmeg
In a saucepan, heat 4 ounces of water, maple syrup and bourbon. Remove from heat. Add butter and stir until butter is melted. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg and whipped cream.
For more on living the gentlemen’s lifestyle, follow @SterlingGent